Already a Member?

love songs- are the best ones written by men?

# 1  3/25/13 12:09 PM

I dont think you can generalise there are so many fantastic artists male and female that have provided us with love songs i.e Joni Mitchell, Tracy Chapman, Sinead Oconnor and Carley Simon and from the males Bernie Taupin, Jack Johnson, Leonard Cohen and my fave at the minute .......Plain White Ts "Hey There Delilah"

# 2  3/25/13 1:55 PM

My personal favourites are

Tears dont fall - Bullet for my valentine

November Rain, Sweet child O mine - both Guns n Roses

# 3  3/26/13 12:37 PM

Yes ,they are ,in the main ,written by men.
To write a good love song one must have had one's heart broken or be a cynical ****.

(OOooo,thank heaven that you were there to cover my indiscretion Site Moderator 43.)

# 4  3/27/13 4:19 PM

i dont want to miss a thing ,,armageddon,,aerosmith.............but most r sung by women[titanic theme]

# 5  3/28/13 2:35 PM

Yes, there are a lot of women composers and artists. Few examples:
Cynthia Weil
Diane Warren
Felice Bryant
Valerie Simpson
Linda Perry
Carole Bayer Sager

# 6  5/6/14 7:27 PM

First of all. the answer to the question is either, it's not gender that counts but the fact of whether the songwriter has ever truly been in love. You'll find the best love songs are written by those who have loved and lost., their raw emotions get woven into the fabric of the song.
My all time love song is by John Lennon, LOVE, you can hear is love for Yoko in this track and the lyrics certainly spell it out.
But there are plenty of excellent songwriters, Carole King, Carly Simon, Bob Marley, John Lennon, the list could go on forever.