Already a Member?

do women really want a good man?

# 1  11/22/12 12:50 PM

in my opinion and experince women really dont .case and point .i treat women like gold and have been told im not a bad looking guy.im not perfect by any means but really!if a guy treats you with love and respect you should probably treat him with that same love....so ladys lets hear it do you really want it or are you to self absorbed ,or do you really love the guy that treats you like a peice of meat....

# 2  11/27/12 5:58 AM

amandastrings34 wrote:

I honestly would have to say both but there is a time that a woman wants the good in her guy and times she wants to be man handled to know his strength to feel it too. learning the moods of a certian girl that you have choose will let you know when to use the soft or the rugged. I am not sure that this makes alot of since but of course this is in my opinion I am sure! I like for the man to protect over me a little to stand up for what he holds presious. you have to let her know not only the treating her as a goddess side but the manly side as I look for" the man that could rope the moon" it's a metaphore but it feels real and you believe in him!

# 3  11/28/12 2:52 AM

women wanting a good man. well for some women the bad guy is actually the good man for them as that is what they are looking for in a man. each personality will have different thoughts on good and bad. but i can tell you that being the good guy doesn't always work for ya. some day's i wish i could be the jerk that gets all the lady's. but then i remember everything eventually comes full circle and the jerk becomes to much of a jerk and the lady's leave him. it also depends on the area it seems. i am a nice guy, always polite, never scared to open a door, willing to help out where i can. the women seem to not notice nor care. but i read lots of posts on these sites that say hey this is what women want i guess maybe I'm just in the wrong area lol.

anyways all i can say its really gonna come down to each person's personality. sometimes the the jerk is the good guy in a woman's eyes and sometimes the kind,nice and honest guy is the good guy in a woman's eyes

# 4  12/2/12 11:05 AM

Of course I want a good man! If anyone abuses me or disrespects me, they are kicked to the curb! Case in point:; my ex-husband.

# 5  12/2/12 3:09 PM

We are basically all "good" men and women....barring the really evil people who just want to manipulate and use someone for selfish purposes.

That being said - if you do not live in a country that practices arranged marriages then you may have to come to terms with Free Market Enterprise.

What do you have to offer that no other man has to give to THAT particular lady? What does SHE want from life, love, and the pursuit of whatever the heck gets her all warm & toasty? Can you be THAT man? Can she be what YOU need, want, etc.?

I think we all tend to lack the ability to practice "patience" and make some very big errors in judgment due to that fact. If we took more time to look past the looks, the imperfections, the small bumps in the road, etc.....then perhaps we would be a little less stressed and miserable with ourselves.

# 6  12/4/12 7:21 PM

All what i have to say is :If a woman name you "NICE GUY" you are done,you better go somewhere else!!

# 7  1/5/13 2:22 PM

A good man is someone who is responsible, dependable, loving and loyal. He knows when to say "yes" and when to say "no." He can be strong and firm or gentle and compassionate when the moment dictates that particular behavior. In essence, a good man is your best friend who happens to be your companion and lover.

# 8  5/9/13 5:05 AM

I am now taking the word "nice" out of my profile. I think it's costing me dates from the looks of it...

# 9  7/16/13 11:45 PM

amandastrings34 wrote:

amandastrings34 wrote:

I honestly would have to say both but there is a time that a woman wants the good in her guy and times she wants to be man handled to know his strength to feel it too. learning the moods of a certian girl that you have choose will let you know when to use the soft or the rugged. I am not sure that this makes alot of since but of course this is in my opinion I am sure! I like for the man to protect over me a little to stand up for what he holds presious. you have to let her know not only the treating her as a goddess side but the manly side as I look for" the man that could rope the moon" it's a metaphore but it feels real and you believe in him!

that ain't true, I also treat my chicks with respect, don't nobody wanna see how I can defend myself or my chick, I've had special forces training from a veteran army scout, I tell women what I can do and they turn tail and run, I also tell EVERYONE that defending myself, my loved ones, and my land is my life project, women don't like hearing stuff like that, and they sure don't wanna see what I can do

# 10  7/20/13 2:47 AM

No they don't. Every morning I would have my wife's coffee in my hands. I would open the car door and give her a kiss. Massage her feet, cook do errands and yet she cheats on me. I have been married 3 times and treated all of them this way. All of the CHEATED!!!!!

# 11  8/3/13 7:17 PM

dear friends
i have just became back to his singale lafe and i need a women that can handle men and my 11 yr old son, but it hard to find that lady that want me and my son equaly. i even tried ladies with kids but no luck??????
help me out im stuck

# 13  9/1/13 2:08 AM

chelsea wrote:

i am a woman and i look for men who are amazing in every aspect ( if they are cute or hot, how they treat me and others around them.) i look at many different aspects of life

Good luck lady we all have faults so to be amazing in every aspect, you are setting yourself up. It will look that away in the beginning but as time rolls by you will see him. The question is are you willing to keep him even after he scraches his butt, throw his clothes around or maybe loose's that job

# 14  9/1/13 12:48 PM

expect the worst & hope for the best...

# 15  9/2/13 8:29 PM

chelsea wrote:

i am a woman and i look for men who are amazing in every aspect ( if they are cute or hot, how they treat me and others around them.) i look at many different aspects of life

hi ,  i believed in " they alone live who lives for others, rest are more dead than alive ".  the aspects of life should be enjoyable but i think it will be more enjoyable with sharing others joys and sorrows . thank you.

# 16  9/12/13 6:42 PM

chelsea wrote:

hi ....according to me the only thing necessary for the woman around u is her truthfulness ...thank u

# 17  9/27/13 1:35 AM

I have several single women friends and most say that they can't meet a good man. I laugh because what they really mean is they can't find that one guy that meets all of their needs. That person doesn't exist in the real world. One friend is beautiful and she only want to date muscle guys (gym rats). There are so many men just waiting for her but if you don't have the muscles you won't get anywhere with her. So when I hear that I just laugh because all most women have to do is open up just a little bit and give different type of guys a chance and they would be surprised to find that the guy they wouldn't want to date could be the best for them in the long run. I'm just saying!

# 18  9/27/13 10:41 PM

I read all of the posts to this string and am struck by the different points of view.  I’m never going to be perfect and no one else ever is.  I think the best you can hope for is to be kind and for kindness to be given in return.  I’m unapologetic for being raised by a mother to respect women for more than looks or shape.  If someone wants to label me a “nice guy,” then I’ll wear the label proudly.  Ultimately, the woman I want to be with will have what I want and need.  First, I will fall in love with a person for her own thoughts and opinions, with whom I can have intelligent discourse.  The rest will follow.

I don’t pretend to be everyone’s ideal.  Everyone’s not my ideal.  I may be a romantic, but I will know it when I see it.  Physical attraction is a two-way street.  At 59 I’m not going to give the younger guys a challenge, but then I’m not sure if I would have enough in common with a woman of another generation, anyway.  Sometimes I think we work too hard to define our ideal and not enough time enjoying meeting people that may or may not fit perfectly at first.  Seems a waste…

# 19  10/10/13 4:09 AM

My experience with women these days is I don't think they know what a good man is. Most are still getting over the last man they had. I think a lot of women just don't know how to cage a good man. I also would say there are men in the same boat.

# 20  10/26/13 7:16 AM

hotcoffee wrote:

No they don't. Every morning I would have my wife's coffee in my hands. I would open the car door and give her a kiss. Massage her feet, cook do errands and yet she cheats on me. I have been married 3 times and treated all of them this way. All of the CHEATED!!!!!

Yes they do. Do you know how to use a cappacino machine? I take mine with a little sugar and cocoa, Please and Thank you.

# 21  10/29/13 5:14 AM

Some women are attracted to bad boys,and that is the problem in their psyche(boys key word),if they nag or get too needy and the bad boy does not get his goodies he moves on to other play grounds until he gets his favorite toy or treat.Some women are jerk magnets who attract douche bags who might look hot,but wind up burning themselves and getting the cold shoulder if they don't satisfy the wants and desires of their boy toy.Women like a strong take charge kind of guy who can hold a baby tenderly yet put mama in her place when she steps over the line and becomes a little girl and tests her man.Sadly I have found this out too late in my life after my 30 year marriage has ended,I am not advocating violence but assertiveness,when I say this.The day is over for the John Waynes and Clint Eastwoods ,because women  are becoming more attracted to bad boys instead of strong leading men who could put the bad boy in his place,women are like a Siamese cat sometimes,purring and content one minute and biting your hand the next.Find a way to keep your kitten purring and content and you wont get bitten as often.

# 22  10/29/13 5:21 AM

chelsea wrote:

Your only 20 but , I hope you scope out the man/boy from a distance and see how he is when he is not aware you see him.Sometimes they are actors around you,I hope you have found your leading MAN and are not getting fooled by the boys,Have a Blessed Hunt.

# 23  10/29/13 5:26 AM

jdfor wrote:

hotcoffee wrote:

Yes they do. Do you know how to use a cappacino machine? I take mine with a little sugar and cocoa, Please and Thank you.

Well said

# 24  10/29/13 5:29 AM

alisson-hun wrote:

expect the worst & hope for the best...

Good advice,you are well ahead in wisdom.

# 25  11/11/13 11:01 PM

Yes, I think most women want a good man.  Of course your definition may not match their definition of what makes a "good man".  I believe you have to be a strong, but respectful man in public but a dominant, bad boy in the bedroom.  Don't mix these two up.