Already a Member?

Views on Virginity

# 1  8/1/11 8:53 PM

That captured your attention, didn't it?  Figured this Forum needs a little kick in the seat. 

I would like to know, as a female on the--at least presently--more youthful end of the spectrum, what guys really think of girls who choose to remain chaste (i.e. saving it for marriage) vs. those who are "more seasoned."  If a guy is looking for his life mate, does this factor enter into the equation?  Do they value virginity? Or do most guys take the long view about the number of people vicariously brought into their conjugal bed?

I  want your honest and forthright viewpoints, please; however, the use of language for this topic should probably err on the side of clinical. Yeah.  So, let's set a few ground rules for this topic.  Keep it clean, no profanity or X-rated terminology.

# 2  8/3/11 9:15 AM

I ve only got about 6 mounths to go before I get mine back, so i will let ou know than

# 3  8/3/11 6:58 PM

Well, good luck with that.  Let me know how that works out for you. Haha.  P.S.  Hold muh beer!

# 4  8/5/11 9:23 PM

There are those men who would truly savor the thought of a virgin and there are those with less integrity who would
help a virgin lose her cherry for nothing more than braggin' rights....saidly I have met some of these depraved guys.
But there are others with more integrity that would love the thought of a virginous woman knowing how special that achievement is for her...he would empathize with her challenges throughout her sexual adventures. I surmiss that
there a very few men who would savour a long lasting serious relationship with his untouched bride...it would be a
source of pride for both if the relationship were to survive.
However, in this day and age of increased oral cancer from oral sex, an even oral parties (have to get you an update
on this one if you don't know how it works)...it is highly unlikely that women who are exposed to such prevalent advertising and the improvements in education would consider waiting for their wedding night.

# 5  8/10/11 1:26 AM

Nice response from Canada.  Thanks!  I heard from one other guy, and he said essentially the same thing.  I am encouraged!

# 6  8/14/11 11:57 PM

well, although every guy has his own view regarding this subject ,here in  India considering majority of the cases  guys and galz prefer virgins although in big cities the trend is changing slowly.

# 7  8/20/11 6:15 PM

People can do whatever they want with their life.Their actions can be perceived good or bad by society.Even what is good today might become bad  in future and vice versa.What is a society ?Its just a bunch of people.Mostly the opinion of the majority is what counts though if its right or wrong is another  debate. Again an individual can differ in opinion from society.

My personal take on this issue is "Fidelity can be expected only in a relationship.Whatever people do  before that is ones own life.If i am conservative i stand good chance of sucessful relation with conservative girl."

# 8  8/27/11 11:54 PM

Well, to tell you the truth I prefer a Gal with some experience. This stems from my own unvirginity though. Sometimes that first time is a little more special if it isnt awkward.

# 9  8/28/11 3:29 PM

Thanks for your perspectives, OilLuver.  I can see where an added facet of "Shit, moral dilemma," would enter into the equation if a guy of experience was about to "take" a virgin.  The gravity of that would give me, as a guy, pause, for sure.

# 10  10/25/11 5:48 PM

with todays society.If a woman can save herself until shes in her mid 20's before getting married and having sex. Is a great thing, But as a teenager, trying to save yourself for your teenage or slightly older boyfriend isnt that great. If you are waiting for the right guy and your wedding night do so with the thought "wolves will do anything to get the lamb" lie cheat blow smoke up your ass to get what they want and as a virgin you would be a prize worth having for a short time..Then they'll throw you to the curb and continue hunting..But I praise you for having high morals and wish you the best of luck in finding an older guy who knows what to expect in life and what is to come..for having a pure wife.  I grew up on old fashioned morales, I planned on staying a virgin until i was married and spend it with my soul mate, but some friends got me wasted on my 21st birthday and that was the end of that plan. My sister believed in what you seek and she didnt have sex until she was married.It paid off for her she has 2 kids a loving husband and has been married to the same guy for almost 16 years.Good luck

# 11  11/14/11 10:48 PM

Hello, I think it is a wonderful thing that a woman chooses to keep her virginity until she has found the right man for her. it is then a gift for her to share her body for the very first time with somone she knows loves her. the lack of sexual expeirience shouldnt matter in so much as you can learn from scratch all the things that make you feel aroused and leave you satisfied and your partner gets to be the one to help you find that. And you get to learn what makes a man turned on or at least that man. 
im going to assume you are a virgin and i think its a wonderful thing if its what you want. however all that said many men will be looking for someone who already is sexualy expeirienced and knows what turns them on and how to pleasure a man too.

Also though in a great many cases virginity and the taking of it is used as a power trip for dirty old men who like very young woman or girls to dominate, that i find repugnant to say the least.
So its a hazy issue and evry person must decide for themselves if they want to wait for a ring and a service before exploring there sexual being as a human being.

# 12  6/15/12 9:57 PM

personally I dont care whether or ot she is a virgin if we are gonna be in a loving relationship. Id rather be truly loved than be the one who igores the one cuz hes not a virgin

# 13  7/29/12 6:53 AM

Up until about 500 BC the concept of virginity had nothing to do with a woman's hymen being torn.  The original idea of virginity portrayed the concept that a woman was a virgin is she could reproduce without the contribution of the male seed.  Hence the concept that Aphrodite and Diana were virgins.  And even Mary falls into this category. She was able to reproduce without the benefit of the mortal male seed.  Realize that means these women were goddesses...mortal women were not/are not able to do this. And for that matter Zeus was virginal (even though he had a wife and had seduced other women) because he gave birth to Diana out of his head with no contribution from the female...talk about the "ideal woman!"  This is what it comes down to:  All that really matters is what you feel about having had or not having had coitus before marriage.  A person's sexual experience is their own business and no one else's...ever.  Think about this...the value to a man for a woman not to have had sexual intercourse before marriage concerns who inherits his property when he is dead...don't want any "unworthy" person inheriting the family jewels.   If the hymen is all that important...there's always oral, anal and mutual masturbatory activities.  And that's clinical talk.

# 14  7/30/12 12:46 AM

free_spirit92 wrote:

That captured your attention, didn't it?  Figured this Forum needs a little kick in the seat. 

I would like to know, as a female on the--at least presently--more youthful end of the spectrum, what guys really think of girls who choose to remain chaste (i.e. saving it for marriage) vs. those who are "more seasoned."  If a guy is looking for his life mate, does this factor enter into the equation?  Do they value virginity? Or do most guys take the long view about the number of people vicariously brought into their conjugal bed?

I  want your honest and forthright viewpoints, please; however, the use of language for this topic should probably err on the side of clinical. Yeah.  So, let's set a few ground rules for this topic.  Keep it clean, no profanity or X-rated terminology.

Virgin or not I'll still love her no matter what!

# 15  9/22/12 8:27 PM

it is not only the duty of a female to save her viginity till she is married,but same applies to male. so there is no question of what a male prefers.

# 16  9/25/12 3:06 AM

If he really wants you he will wait. Do what you think is right. For a guy its not a problem, mostly if you love her.

# 17  10/14/12 10:28 PM

I've only been in one relationship where that was an issue.  Even though I think it's stupid, personally, out of respect for her, I went along with it because I loved her and respected her wishes.
      Virginity itself holds zero value to me whatsoever.

# 18  10/15/12 2:36 AM

If we are in a good, solid relationship who cares?  While a little experience would be helpful, it is not a deal breaker for me and never has been.

# 19  10/19/12 3:08 PM

I'm not into virgins, personally. I'm even less into women who want to "make me wait" or save it for marriage, and here's why:

1) There's no time limit on love, so why should there be a time limit on MAKING love?

2) Sexual compatibility is important if you plan to marry someone.

3) What happens if you wait until you're already married to become intimate, only to find out you're TOTALLY WRONG for each other, sexually?

It just doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, I get it for religious reasons. And I even understand a woman wanting to save that special piece of her for her husband. But in my opinion, your heart is more precious than your vagina. So why aren't you just as careful w/THAT?

# 20  10/5/12 4:46 AM

It is the right of every human being to remain chaste if they so desire, and partners (during the courting stages) should indeed respect that option if the woman/man wishes to savor that for any impending nuptuals, remember there is always a number of ways to skin a cat and have your virginity remain intact.

# 21  10/27/12 4:24 AM

Virgins are nice, but Hooking upp women should really be about LOVE, FRIENDSHIP and RESPECT. For me, I don't really mind if a women is a virgin or not. What really counts is that she is GENUINE, loving, caring and nice to be with. I realy try to avoid power play women, who are just into image. Like I said GENUINE is most important. I think most guys pick up on the GENUINE STATUS of a women within a short time of being ith them.

# 22  11/17/12 8:33 AM

views on virginity ?. like what ?

for me who cares there is a first time for everything. its not important weather its a guy or girl. if someone is nervous then speak to your potential partner you;ll probably find there understanding & it doesn't matter to them. relax sex is meant to be fun. you'll get better with experience & we have all been there at some point.

# 23  6/20/14 5:24 PM

i'm virgin and i haven't yet found a young guy who respects that fact...but who cares!? i will wait till i find that special guy - if there is one out there!