Already a Member?

Can You Love Someone And Cheat On Them?

# 1  11/24/11 2:47 PM

Do you think it is possible to love your spouse and still be able to cheat on them? I know every situation is different and the reasons people cheat are variable but does cheating necessarily cancel out love?

# 2  11/24/11 3:17 PM

peachy888 wrote:

Do you think it is possible to love your spouse and still be able to cheat on them? I know every situation is different and the reasons people cheat are variable but does cheating necessarily cancel out love?

hmm... yes, you can love someone and cheat on them. it just depends on how high your moral standards are: you allow
yourself to cheat or you don't allow. anyone can cheat. we all  think of cheating our spouses at some point even if
we don't admit it.

# 3  11/24/11 3:26 PM

I think love goes hand in hand with respect.  If you cheat , you must seriously ask yourself the question,  do i really respect my partner so little? If the answer is yes, then you have no right being in a relationship with them!

# 4  12/15/11 5:59 AM

How would you feel if the one you love is cheating on you. If that hurts you then you are a BL>>>>> hippacrite if you are cheating on them. If you do cheat oc them you do not love them.

# 5  12/15/11 10:43 AM

peachy888 wrote:

yes

# 6  12/15/11 10:37 PM

peachy888 wrote:

I dont believe that you can just be true to one person when your young you will face to much temp
tation in your life

# 7  12/16/11 2:14 AM

I think you can, but if you do you're a D/bag.

# 8  12/22/11 8:25 AM

peachy888 wrote:

Yes it's possible due to a breakdown of connection between the couple. The weaker partner cheats first as they are unable to accept their shortcomings they go into a bit of denial and some people have a fear of being alone so when there is trouble in a relationship rather than thrashing it out they just jump into a new one it's a horrible domino effect.

# 9  12/25/11 2:49 AM

I think it is possible but in the long run typically does not work out. I think the person cheating feels his partner does not deliver on everything he/she needs. It may be sex or it may be something else. If their relationship is to work out long term, I think they will both have to address what's going on.

# 10  1/5/12 10:20 AM

peachy888 wrote:

its  wrong  to   cheat

# 11  1/12/12 11:11 AM

So can you still love somebody, even when you have "cheated" on them? Well everybody has differant ideas on where to draw the lines ie would all men accept their partner hugging another man when greeting them? I think not. It is, however, not just a persons ideas/opinions, but also other things that may well be out of their control.

My wife and I have been married for almost seven years, but as she was from the philippines only six of them have we lived together. Prior to that I had had girlfriends, but nobody living with me, which meant financially I was quite well off compared to the type of work I do. My last job was the start of our problems, as I was "fired" due to an epileptic fit. I need NEVER have worked as I already have been dead twice, had half a lung burnt away by chlorine due to another fit in a pool, and had a brain operation. I have worked though to give self pride and also "a reason to live". This has saved the country quarter of a millkion pounds in benefits.

Since being fired there has been one problem after another, and for the FIRST TIME EVER in my life we have been overdrawn - - to the degree of our mrtgage bouncing. LOADS of other things, such as allegations of sexual assault made against me but found to be lies have happened which have resulted in me going into a coma after just walking into a Manchester hospital for my out-patients appointment. This was all due to stress affecting my type 1 diabetes, which has also near as anything got me arrested in less than three days due to looking drunk when sugar too low. What do couples need when all this SH*T is being thrown at them? Love and affection needs to be shown to each other.

When leaving the house my wife kissing the two children with her lips, but never once has she done that with me - just her fore-head. Maybe that is not much, but is it not a sign of affection? The only time that phys|ical contact is made is when I go to bed and "spoon" behind her - but not to make love just to sleep. We had our second child (my first) nearly four years ago, and since she became prenant the amount of times we have made love is LESS

# 12  1/12/12 6:24 PM

peachy888 wrote:

If you love someone why would you want to hurt them by doing this!

# 13  1/16/12 4:19 AM

i really don't think so, un-less you are one for false promises. I no those dogs, you always fill better if you can keep a good thing going and hang on because it make's you stronger, unless you are one of them that knows whats right at the end night just because you love to fight.

# 14  1/17/12 1:25 AM

No, It Doesn't Cancel Out Love,Though It Does Cancel Out TRUST..Once That Is Broken ..In Most Cases,Love Will Fade...Oh By The Way This Is If You Get Caught!!!!

# 15  1/23/12 10:56 PM

If you are in love with someone the idea or tempatation should never even cross your mind.
how couldyou  possibly think of hurting the person you love like that.....what for a few hours of
personal gratification.....you must think of the consequences...is it really  worth doing to sacrafice
the rest of your life with the person you love or take a chance on hurting and ruining a relationship
to check out the greener grass.....my suggestion is water you own grass....it is never greener on the other side...
this is a very strong subject for me i have never cheated nor have i been cheated on that i am aware of....
however in my last relationship i was constamtly being accused to the point i had to leave the relationship...this was someone i imaginged my self spending the rest of my life with

# 16  2/22/12 4:49 AM

alex3865 wrote:

I think love goes hand in hand with respect.  If you cheat , you must seriously ask yourself the question,  do i really respect my partner so little? If the answer is yes, then you have no right being in a relationship with them!

Very well put!! An intelligent answer from a very handsome man. Gives me hope that true love and such people still exsist in this world.

Thank you

# 17  2/22/12 4:35 PM

If you cheated, there's an obvious thing that's missing in your relationship and it needs to be fixed ASAP. So that's a no. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-17/vbulletin-smile.gif

# 18  3/16/12 10:26 AM

That is the main reason for me to go on a date site like this. A while ago I and lovie had a fight about trust. Well the fight according to her   (missing information she didn't know about in time)  was as good as if I was cheating on her, 'that' I know I won’t ever. But ever since that day she will not even say I love you anymore unless I insist or demand in a nice way. We are engaged, but the rings are off. it feels as if I am all alone again. Getting ignored all the time doesn't work for me  >  I want to know I belong <

# 19  4/10/12 5:59 PM

It's pretty simple. If you do cheat then trust is broken. The love you once had will no longer be there. I'd dump her ass if she had any intentions of cheating, only 1 chance with me.

# 20  4/13/12 12:07 AM

Of course.

Passion dims, and the promise of a moment of that same kind of passion can be too much for some to deny. But it has nothing to do with rather or not you love someone else.

It is exceptionally rare that someone cheats to hurt another's feelings. And the reason for lying about it is usually to spare one's feelings, and/or fear of losing them.

Now, that is not going to be a popular answer. And I certainly don't think that it should be acceptable. But having a "moment" with someone else does not mean that you do not truly love another.

The problem is the extent of the damage that it causes to the relationship. It does not just go away. It can get covered up, but it just doesn't go away.

# 21  4/14/12 8:46 AM

i dont believe anyone should cheat on anyone cause they decide to marry them if they do i believe they keep doing the rest of thier lives and if you are going to cheat atleast have the nerve and respect to tell them and not keep lieing when you get caught many times and still have the nerve to lie to the one you love

# 22  4/22/12 8:55 AM

I think if you cheat then something has gone wrong in your relationship. Fix it or get out!

# 23  5/1/12 1:12 AM

twrig wrote:

If you are in love with someone the idea or tempatation should never even cross your mind.
how couldyou  possibly think of hurting the person you love like that.....what for a few hours of
personal gratification.....you must think of the consequences...is it really  worth doing to sacrafice
the rest of your life with the person you love or take a chance on hurting and ruining a relationship
to check out the greener grass.....my suggestion is water you own grass....it is never greener on the other side...
this is a very strong subject for me i have never cheated nor have i been cheated on that i am aware of....
however in my last relationship i was constamtly being accused to the point i had to leave the relationship...this was someone i imaginged my self spending the rest of my life with

very well said. I wish I could have met some like you and with your standards. Thanks

# 24  5/1/12 11:08 PM

Cheating... It can and will destroy...I've seen what happens to people on both sides. Someone can cheat on the one they love. Only because they lack self resect. That then turns into lies and distrust. Witch becomes the hurt and lack of love. If we feel the need to Cheat. We should look to are selfs to find what it is we truely are missing. Sometimes its the simple things we need...like the little apprising for something good..or the need of that spesial attention we use to get... Unfortionily we then forget about the amount of Love we have, because the Need became greater.

So can someone cheat on the one they love.... yes... it has nothing to do with love.

# 25  5/2/12 10:40 AM

I reckon that in the situation where one partner is unable to satisfy the other in the bedroom department, and they give their permission for the other to go with others, then this is acceptable and could still mean they love each other. Although if permission was given then this wouldn't really be cheating i suppose.